Careers with AMI
AMI Consulting Engineers provides large company capabilities in a small company atmosphere with our high standards of professionalism, quality control, communication and representation upheld throughout all of our projects. AMI Consulting Engineers., P.A. is a growing multi disciplined consulting engineering firm providing structural, marine, mechanical and civil engineering services for residential, commercial, industrial and governmental clients nationwide. We are a company that is founded on delivering client centered engineered solutions and project development services with integrity and excellence. AMI is currently looking to expand our workforce.
Inquiries received at:
Mid Level Structural Engineer (8+ year’s experience)
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in serving the engineering needs of clients by providing exceptional personal service. Responsibilities will include assessment, planning, and execution of structural designs on a wide range of projects including new construction, additions and modifications to existing structures. Travel and field work may be required to complete projects. Individual must be honest and have a positive and helpful disposition. Applicant must be passionate about their work and a flexible team player who loves to learn, enjoys challenges and problem solving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Lead team of engineers, designers and CAD technicians in production of construction documents as lead project engineer with minimal supervision
- - Represent company at project related meetings during all phases of design and construction
- - Manage projects to meet critical deadlines and engineering budgets
- - Perform detailed engineering calculations utilizing building codes, engineering software, spreadsheets, etc
- - Coordinate and integrate work of sub consultants into construction documents on multi disciplined projects
- - Creatively develop multiple solutions to problems encountered during all phases of design and construction
- - Mentor less experienced engineers
- - Author well written and will organized technical reports and letters
- - Review contractor submittals during construction for conformance to construction document requirements
- - Competent in the design of structural steel, reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry systems and components
- - 8 Years experience in the design of building structural systems
- - Experience designing multistory buildings (2-10 stories)
- - Licensed Engineer (PE or SE)
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- - Design of industrial or marine structural components and systems
- - Preparation of construction cost estimates
- - Preparation of engineering cost estimates
- - Knowledgeable in the design of light gauge steel, wood/timber, precast concrete and deep foundations
- - Forensic engineering
- - Working knowledge of AutoCad, Autodesk Revit Structure, Solidworks, Microsoft Project, etc
- - Recommend to clients award of construction contract awards based on evaluation of contractors bid and qualifications
- - Bridge / Dam Inspection Certification / Experience
- - Currently hold Commercial Diver Certification or have Desire to Obtain
- - Civil and storm water related design
Salary and benefits are dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate.
Part Time Marketing & Government Contract Specialist
The successful candidate must have general knowledge of marketing and sales, experience in contract writing (EJDC, AIA), experience in government bidding, government bidding opportunity research, and qualification package submittals. Individual must be honest, have a positive can do attitude and helpful disposition. Applicant must be passionate about their work and a flexible team player who loves to learn, enjoys challenges, works efficiently and enjoys meeting critical deadlines and submittals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Researching and documenting government bidding opportunities.
- -Preparation of documents to fulfill government requests for proposal (RFP) process. This includes preparing past company project profiles, individual and company qualifications, resumes, time schedules, fee submittals, and general letters of interest for engineering services, general inspection and commercial diving.
- -Manage and collect information from outside subcontractors and incorporate into AMI submittals.
- -Manage government submittals to meet critical deadlines and engineering budgets
- -Prepare company presentations, vendor booth and marketing materials.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- -Must have good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and Power Point.
- -Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- -Must have strong technical writing and organizational skills.
- -Experience in researching government bidding opportunities for federal, state, city and county.
- -Experience with preparing government qualification and proposal packages (SF330).
- -Experience in preparation of power point slides and presentation materials.
- -Knowledge of engineering practices and terms a plus.
- -Knowledge of graphics creation and photo manipulation a plus.
This is a part time position. Compensation is hourly and dependent upon qualifications and experience of candidate:
- --$10.00 to $16.00 per hour
- --Core hours 9am to 2pm – Additional hours needed are flexible, but dependent on individual ability to manage and complete projects according to submittal deadlines.